Thursday, July 1, 2010

A lazy day and some memories..

Today, we didn't do anything AT ALL and I can honestly say it felt great. I know that Chad is deploying soon, but i'm 100% okay with just hanging out at home with my family.
Chad got home from work about 10 30 for the day, and we ate some lunch, watched a little t.v, and I even took a great nap! I didn't sleep well last night, and had to get up early with the baby. I don't think i'll be getting much sleep tonight either.
Next week is going to be really tough for me, I don't think i'll get to make my Grandpa's funeral, which sucks, but it is what it is, and I can't change anything now.
My mom fly's in on Thursday, and Chad deploys shortly after that. I can't say excatly when, due to OPSEC.
After that, I'll be moving back to TX, and it's going to be rough. Very rough. All I can think about is how different life is going to be with out my husband, and my Grandfather. We were close, and I could always rely on him for a good laugh. Especailly when I called, and he would always answer the phone, Grandma never answered the phone.
Just before we moved here, my Grandparent's took us to Olive Garden as a surprise going away party, as well as an anniversary gift. He was holding Aubree, and boy I hope someone got a picture of that.
My Grandpa was also a WW2 Veteran! Hooah!
The funeral home presented my Grandmother with her flag yesterday, and it even came in a super nice case! I found out all the info for having Military Honors at the funeral, and I hope that brings some peace to her.

In other news- I ordered some books from Military One Source a few days ago, I found out about them at the deployment fair. They were free, and are pretty cool!

I got the, I'm here now, Over there(daddy version) and Home Again.

You can order as many as you want, no cost to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment